Thursday, May 15, 2008

Not much new...

Cheap entertainment- old stethoscope and free mask from work...
Not much going on here. Ellie and I still visit the doctor 2x per week for testing to check on our baby. We go back to the perinatologist next week. AND we see the doctor for OB visits once a week. So, we have no life. That's OK though, we are almost done. Soon we'll finally get to see our baby....and still have no life.
Some people have asked me about a comment my friend posted about Ellie giving away a baby boy. I thought I'd share the story with you all....
Way back before we even were pregnant, Ellie was dying for a baby sister. She'd tell everyone she'd meet she was getting a baby (see previous posts in 2007). Anyways, Matt and I started to talk to her then about how we had to accept whatever baby God gave us. We didn't just get to pick what we wanted. So I kept saying to her " well, we'd love a baby brother too, if that's what we get." Anyways, one night when she was talking about her baby sister, I said to her, "But, what are we going to do if God gives us a baby brother?" thinking she'd say we'd love him too. She looked at me, annoyed as all get out and said "Then I'm gonna take him back to God and I'm gonna go get a baby sister." I see.
So I kept at it, and kept discussing brothers vs sisters. And finally one day, just before Christmas, we were getting ready for the Salvation Army angel tree project I was coordinating. She came to me and said, "Mommy, I guess it would be OK if God gives us a baby brother." Oh, I said, why was that? " 'Cause then we could just give him to the poor children, who NEED him, and then we could go get a baby sister." Lovely.
Let's just thank God we are getting a baby sister. No boy would have stood a chance here.

No comments: