Wednesday, October 6, 2010

New Attitude and New Princess


I read the most lovely story today while feeding my son. ( I have been to the end of the internet and back feeding babies.) A wife and husband and their children are having a hard time making ends meet. There is no money, no time, and so much work to do. A woman tells the wife that it is her duty to make a nice home and cheerful attitude so that her husband can better himself and be more motivated to work hard to support the family. So, she puts on her prettiest dress, cleans the house, cooks, and flirts with the banker that is coming discuss foreclosure on their farm. In the end, she realizes that the stranger woman was right, and look how much better things can be for them. It was a lovely story.
It had a nice end.

That is not the way things work at my house.

I believe this story does have a good morale though. Attitude and gratitude will get you the directions you want to go. Sometimes, it helps so much to just take a shower and dry my hair, after I have washed dishes, and washed floors, and washed diapers and babies. I have began to make my bed every day, something that hasn't happened in years. Partially to keep myself from crawling back in, but also, because it feels so nice to have something clean and nice-looking. Yes, I pick up toys every single day. Because, in the morning, I like my home so much better when it is at least picked up. Sometimes, its the little things that make all the difference in the world. Its all how you look at it.

That being said, I went to target in my yoga pants with spit-up on my t-shirt today. Such is life :)

I must leave you with a picture of my new niece, Parker. I didn't know that aunts had a different section in their hearts for their nieces and nephews. A section that could love them endlessly and so completely. That part was opened up for me on Sunday night, when Parker came into the world. She will always be so special, because she has made me an aunt. I am head over heels in love with her, and it is all I can do not to bother her parents 6,000 times a day to let me come love on her.


Ellie and Parker
Doesn't he look huge! They weighed the exact same at birth.

Welcome to the family, sweet girl. You can never know how much joy you have brought me already, and you are just a few days old. I can't wait for you to show me how to be an Aunt. I can't wait to watch you grow up along side my own sweet babies. And I hope you will love me even a fraction of what I already love you.

And I hope your daddy bought a really big shotgun :)


No comments: