Thursday, March 11, 2010

And a few months later....

So, I took a little break from updating recently to get used to the major changes in our life. First, and most importantly, of course, is the new addition to our family. We are so very excited to be joining TEAM BLUE in June! Most of you know I have pretty complicated pregnancies, and two in less than two years has been rather hard on me. We have countless doctor visits, tests, ultrasounds, etc in front of us in the next few months. But of course, it is all worth it in the end. It always has been.
Since this little guy is going to be joining our lives, some other changes have to be made. I gave up my charge nurse position at the hospital. I needed to be home more with my kids, and to have more time to go to all these appointments. I also switched to night shift for the same reasons. Wow, that has been hard on me. I am hoping, though, that these changes are the steps towards me finally getting to stay home with my kids most of the time. I know that we would all benefit from having me home more. Already, we have.
In addition, we have to get a move on the basement. Gotta get that done, so we can get the kids rooms done. Ellie and Kailey will be sharing a room, and of course, Ellie has BIG ideas on what we are doing. And I am bound and determined to get the nursery I have never been able to do with my other two.
Ellie began riding the bus this semester. It was a huge big girl step that I was so proud of her for taking! She is insisting that next year, she will NOT be going to first grade, she will be staying home and homeschooling. Don't really think that is going to be an option next year ;)
Kailey is talking up a storm, and sassy as can be. She has so much to say, and she is so much like Ellie was at that age. She loves Elmo, Baby Einstein, playing babies, and going shopping. She about can't contain herself when we ask her if she wants to go to Target.

So, that is what is happening here! I would like to get some pics posted soon, and I will sure try! Our little man is doing very well, and of course, we already have an album full of ultrasound pics of him! The girls are super excited about getting a baby brother, and Ellie especially had enjoyed shopping for him.

And with that, my girl is beckoning me from her crib. Break time over!

No comments: